All the services of Advaita Ashrama are executed through a team-work monastics, volunteers, and staff working under the guidance of senior monks. A spirit of unselfish, loving service and keeping one’s individual will subservient to the collective will of the Order are essential for the success of the activities.
The Ashrama provides ample opportunities for people with an earnest desire, and having the time and professional capabilities to participate in the Ashrama’s Publication activities as a means of one’s own spiritual advancement. They may also serve the poor and the needy in a spirit of ‘Shiva jnane Jiva seva’. Voluntary service can be rendered in any of the areas of one’s expertise. It could be work from home or within the Ashrama precincts.
Swami Vivekananda said conclusively: “After so much austerity, I have understood this as the real truth—God is present in every Jiva; there is no other God besides that. `Who serves Jiva, serves God indeed’.” Come and join us in this service of the poor God, the diseased God, and the ignorant God and make yourself blessed.
We require volunteers in the following departments:
1) Mayavati Charitable Hospital
2) Office correspondence and Despatch logistics
3) Publication related activities such as Proof-reading and Copy-holding
4) IT related tasks such as Website enhancements, ebook development, software adaptation etc
5) Marketing and Promotion of our publications using social media and traditional methods.
You may contact our Ashrama Office or directly send us an email to [email protected] to offer your time and service. Please email a resume for any type of volunteer work.